Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Killer Tofu, except actually just BEETS

Recently I've been really into BEETS!

And not just because I love Doug...

But mostly because I love the farmers market!

I ate it all before I could take a photo (it was that irresistible) but here is the interesting salad I just had for lunch with my (amaaaaazing) grilled cheese sandwich (multigrain + flaxseed bread from the farmers market, whole grain mustard, and extra sharp cheddar cheese from the market, too!)
-Sliced (gorgeous!) yellow market beets
-Chopped market garlic scape (looks like lemongrass but tastes oh, so garlicky)
-Tuna (for protein's sake)
-drizzles of olive oil & maple balsamic + freshly crushed black pepper
Simple, yes.  Healthy, SUPER.  And also delisshhhhhhhh!

I also recently had a different farmer's market-inspired beet salad, as follows:

-Sliced, boiled red beets from the market
-Rinsed garbanzo beans
-Generous dollop of quark from the market (soft white cheese, kinda like a zesty neufchatel)
-Sprinkling of sea salt & crushed pink pepper (my new favorite!)
-Topped with some mixed baby greens from my garden
-Drizzles of olive oil & maple balsamic

***
P.S.
Here's another one I just made and this time I had the sense to photograph before chowing down:

-Sliced golden beets (local farmer's market)
-Spinach (market)
-Avocado
-Marinated artichoke hearts
-Organic pork, made in slow cooker so as not to heat up the house, then refrigerated
-Served with a dollop of Quark (market), pink salt, black pepper, marinade from the chokes, and whole/multigrain bread (market)


No comments:

Post a Comment